PSBAA PHOTO CONTEST
Contest deadline: May 1, 2023
Do you like taking photos? Would you like to have a chance to win a prize?
The Public School Boards’ Association of Alberta is holding a photo contest.
This is your opportunity to share your photos of “students in action” and things you’re proud of in your school jurisdiction that could be shared –students, teachers, events, spaces, architecture – whether in the classroom, on the playground, competing, serving or elsewhere.
Email your high-resolution (5 MB file limit each) photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a signed entry form (click here), indicating you have complied with Alberta FOIP requirements, and your contact information in case one of your photos is selected as a winner. If you want to enter more than one photo in the contest, please send each photo and the corresponding consent form in a separate email.
You may only submit your own original, non-copyrighted photos, and your submission must include the following:
- The signed entry form;
- Your complete contact information, including email and phone number;
- A signed photo/video release form (click here), granting you as the photographer permission to submit the photo and giving the PSBAA permission to use the form in any of its printed or digital communications, for which you will receive photo credit;
- Photos submitted without the photo/video release form and appropriate permissions will not be considered for judging.
Important note: If your subject(s) is(are) under the age of 18, you must also provide the name, contact information, and signature of their parent or legal guardian granting their permission for them to appear in the photo.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Clarity and relevance to the themes of the contest;
- Overall composition and quality of the photograph.
The photo contest is only open to current residents of Alberta – including students, teachers, parents, and school community members – at the time they submitted their photos in the contest. Photos must relate to people or subjects connected with K-12 public school education in Alberta. Members of the PSBAA Board of Directors, PSBAA staff, and contractors are not eligible to win a prize, but all are welcome to submit photos. At its discretion, the PSBAA can choose to use any of the photos submitted, giving photo credit to the photographer.
Winning photos will be chosen as follows:
- The PSBAA Board of Directors will review all submitted photos and select a list of the top 10 photos as finalists;
- Member school board trustees will vote on their top three photos from the list of finalists.
The top-voted photo will win first place, the photo with the second-largest number of votes will win second place, and the photo with the third-largest number of votes will win third place. Winners will receive prizes as follows:
1st place prize: $300 gift card from the retailer of their choice from a list provided;
2nd place prize: $200 gift card from the retailer of their choice from a list provided;
3rd place prize: $100 gift card from the retailer of their choice from a list provided.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.